When it comes to building a corporation that lasts people often look good leaders, a solid business structure and good strategy – all of which are important – but neglect the immense importance of the right company culture. AIRMIC (a UK risk management association) recently released the very interesting Road to Resilience Report in which it clearly emerges that corporate culture is essential to building business resilience.
Take a look at this article by Phil Ellis for WillisWire in which he highlights key aspects of the report as well as looking at these steps to building a culture of trust:
- Recognise inter-dependence
- Know that a crisis will happen
- Be part of wins and survivals
- Be the beneficiary of investment
- Know that the competition is ‘out there’